As Solution4 is at the “end” of the data flow chain, it inevitably has to interact with various upstream systems. This can range from simple read access to integrated communication via REST-API. The type and scope always depend on the availability of the data in the upstream systems and their data quality.
Solution4 has a certain “expectation” for external data, i.e. certain information must be supplied. If this is not the case, logics must be available to supplement missing data.
The challenges here are:
Selection of data
- The data of a data record in the target system can be distributed in different tables of the base system
- Not all data records may be transferred:
- corresponding WHERE condition in the SELECT
- Filter over the imported data records if it only becomes apparent that the data record is not required after filling in target fields
- In the best case, data fields can be mapped 1:1
- Data types can be different, so a type transformation must be carried out
- Required information in the target system must be determined by combining information from the base system, e.g.
- The “of age” indicator can be determined from the date of birth and the current date
- EU citizen indicator if nationality is “German”
- Required information in the target system must be determined by calculating values from the base system, e.g.
- Amount is calculated from the multiplication of quantity and price
- Required information in the target system must be determined by converting values from the base system to equivalent values in the target system, e.g.
- Selection fields with predefined keys: Gender 0-male, 1-female, 2-diverse
- Required information in the target system must be pre-assigned with default values if no corresponding information is available in the base system
- If all mandatory fields are filled
- If master data records exist that are referenced in transaction data, e.g.
- If a person for whom a service booking is made exists in the system
- If contents are in a permissible value range, e.g.
- Payment amount must not exceed a certain level
- Dates of birth must not be in the future
Solution4 provides solutions for all of these requirements that are characterized by maximum flexibility in combination with simple configurability.
Solution4 offers the following options for linking third-party systems:
Import into Solution4
- Direct access to external databases using JDBC and corresponding SELECTs (interfaces can be configured by the user)
- Import of CSV, JSON, XML files (interfaces can be configured by the user)
- Calling a REST service in the external system (if available there) (interfaces can be configured by the user)
Export from Solution4
- Output of files in various formats (can be configured by the user)
- Provision of database views (self-service BI) (can be configured by the user)
- Calling a Solution4 REST service from a third-party system (Solution4 offers various REST services for retrieving data)
- Calling REST services (GET, PUT, POST) (this should be programmed individually)